Well, all I can say and think about lately is - 1.5 weeks left - 1.5 weeks left!! Then my baby will be 1 and I will be back at work, boohoo!!! Maybe the saying is true - time does fly when you are older, lol! This past year flew by yet I can't even remember when my baby was well, a baby! Anyway, time to recap the last couple months....I'll make it quick!
DECEMBER
Of course December is always such a busy month - especially with 4 turkey dinners and all (though I do must say each turkey dinner is uniquely different)! It was Jonas' 1st Christmas and I think he was more interested in eating the wrapping paper than anything else. I do have to say that he was quite the trooper considering that we were away from home for almost 2 weeks for Christmas and afterwards. After Christmas, Jonas had his 1st plane ride to Victoria and he did very well too! Mom, Cory, Jonas and I stayed in Victoria for a week - though we were in crapped quarters it was nice to get away from the cold (the weather in Victoria was around 0 to 5 above - it beat the minus 30!?)
Christmas time:

My little family! Jonas' 1st Christmas

My boys!

Mama's boy!

Fun Christmas photos with a big red ball!


I tried to get some pictures of Jonas with Santa but he wanted no part of it. Upon sitting the Santa beside him, he would grab the Santa and throw it off the chair and he would even give the Santa a kick with his feet! All he wanted was the red ball!
Victoria:

Jonas' 1st plane ride (well 2nd - this was on the way home). He pretty much slept the whole time - I even carried him off the plane, waited for our luggage and boarded the shuttle and he was still sleeping!

Enjoying the weather - harbor walk (ok, we still had to bundle up and this day it rained a bit)

Mom and her Mr. Dreamy (Elvis at the wax museum)
JANUARY:
This month I have been taking it easy and enjoying my last month at home with Jonas. Some of the highlights of January included - Jonas' turning 11 months old, celebrating with my mom's group all the babies' birthdays (14 babies - born late Nov. to late Feb.), visiting friends, play-dates with Zech, Jonas' 1st cookie and playing in the snow.

Superman Jonas at 11 months old!

Oh so many babies (party with my mom's group). It is way to hard to get a picture of all of the babes at once!
Visit with our friends - Sheldon, Jodi and Molly...

Jonas playing with Molly's doll, or shall I say roughhousing with the doll

The result of Jonas' roughhousing!

Miss Molly with Cory and her favorite toy piglet!
Jonas' 1st cookie:

A mom in my group made cookies for all of the babies - with their names on them! I gave him the whole cookie for taking pictures-then I had to pry it out of his hands, as he whimpered and then I gave him a little piece!

Jonas after his cookie - oh so happy. He also tried to pick up the crumbs and eat them too - he knows what's good!
Fun times with cousin Zech:

The boys playing with Thomas the Train. It has been such a joy to see these two interact - I love their laughing fits the most!
Playing in the snow:

This was actually on my mom's birthday (Jan.15)! We had just got a big dump of snow the day before and the temperature warmed up a bit (-8) so we were taking advantage of the day!
And to end this long update...my new year resolution...organizing my life!
2 comments:
Thanks for your latest posting, Melanie. I will be thinking of you as you return to work. That is one of the most difficult times in any mother's life. You're right, the year sure went by fast. You have made the most of that time, though!!
In Australia when my children were young, I was part of a weekly playgroup with the Moms and Children in my community. We took turns hosting and had a potluck lunch, as I recall. We all looked forward to these outings.
I am curious about those huge decorations. Are they toys, or are they giant decorations? What are they made of? They sure added visual interest to your photos. At about the same age as Jonas, my favorite toy was also a ball. (A toy as simple as a ball is probably the favorite of many young children!)
Love,
Auntie Elaine
P.S. Thanks for your picture of your Mom and her Mr. Dreamy, Elvis, at the Wax Museum. Wasn't she allowed to stand any closer?
Post a Comment