Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jonas - 2 years, 4 months (28M)

It has been awhile since I actually posted a Jonas update. He is about 28.5 months old already (so almost 2.5 years)!

• Ht: About 33.5 inches (if I recall correctly because we packed up his height chart)
• Wt: 27 lbs. (still assuming he is the same)
• Clothing: mostly size 24 months, shoes: size 6
• Size 5 pampers/2T pull-ups
• Favorite Movie: Has been getting into watching longer movies! Really loves Toy Story 1&2, Wall-E and Astro Boy
• Favorite Book: Still loves his Picture Dictionary book (& now I even have to tape this book up since it is so worn) and One Fish, Two Fish.
• Favorite toys: We finally unpacked some of his toys so he has been enjoying his fire station and truck and kitchen. It has been nicer outside so he has been enjoying the park, his house and his slide.
• Favorite Food: Still loves his noodles (or mac & cheese) which he requests for breakfast too but now he likes eating them uncooked! Loves bananas, muffins and carrots. Still really loves his milk.

• Other:
o Jonas ended daycare at the end of May and he doesn't seem to miss it. When we ask if he wants to go to daycare and gets upset and says 'No, I don't want to go to daycare!' Though sometimes he talks about Ritchie and his friends.
o He likes our new house and his room with his new double bed and Cars bed set, though sleeping has still been a challenge. We still have to snuggle with him at bedtime and he wakes up a couple times a night calling for mommy!
o Likes to sing (on his own terms though not when you ask him to). He likes singing ABC song and his pretty good up to G. He likes to sing-a-long with songs that he hears on the radio and TV (but sings la-la-la).
o Is obsessed with Mack trucks (from Disney Cars movie) and anytime he sees a big truck on the road, he points at it and calls it Mack. Then he also says 'Mack truck is going to dump the garbage.' He also likes to sit and 'drive' Pop-pop's Mack truck.
o Still loves to sit in the van and car (and Grandma's Jeep or Auntie's car) and 'drive'.
o Likes to feed Coba and Maggie doggie treats.
o Likes to give mommy kisses on her arm. Mommy's arm is also Jonas' security blanket and he will often say 'Mommy, I want to hold your arm.'
o Has a love/hate relationship with the new baby on the way. Sometimes he will come up to me and kiss my belly and say 'hi baby.' Other times he tells us that he does not want a baby and he doesn't want to be a big brother. I guess we will see what happens when the baby comes!
o Sometimes likes to pose for pictures and then he must see the picture on the camera afterwards.
o Points at all of the airplanes that he sees in the sky (and now there are more since we have moved to Beaumont).
o Refuses to use the potty and pull-ups and tells us that he wants diapers on. (We have to work on this one again).
o Jonas stayed over-night at Grandma Lee's and Pop-Pop's place for 2 nights without mom and dad. He did really well and even slept really well (the sleeping part was what we were worried about). Some of the highlights at his grandparents' were: throwing rocks in the river, driving the Mack truck and Jeep, and crawling through the doggie door to see what Coba was up to!

• Quotes/sayings Jonas commonly uses (his vocabulary amazes Cory and I):

Mommy/Daddy to Jonas (when he has pooped his diaper): 'Jonas, are you Stinky Pete' (from Toy Story)
Jonas: 'No, I'm not Stinky Pete, you are Stinky Pete.'
Mom/Dad: 'No, you are the stinky one, I think you are Stinky Pete.'
Jonas: 'No, I'm not Stinky Pete, I'm Jonas!' (Or sometimes he says that he is Mater, LOL)

Mommy: 'Jonas, mommy is going to the doctor.'
Jonas (when mom gets back from the doctor): 'Mommy, you were at the doctor? Mommy, you are feeling better now!'

Jonas also knows all of his Aunties and Uncles names plus he calls his grandmas by their last names! Though now he has been calling Cory and me 'Daddy Lee' and 'Mommy Lee'!

He likes to say goofy sayings like 'hokey dokey', 'yep, that's right', 'What cha talking about?' (from Toy Story)

When Jonas is not listening, his punishment is 2.5 minutes locked in his room. Then he is supposed to say sorry and I have to remind him to listen so I ask:
Mom: 'Jonas, what do you listen with?'
Jonas: 'I listen with my ears.' (as he pulls them outward to show me where his ears are)

Then the conversation goes like this:
Jonas: 'I made mommy upset.'
Mom: 'Yes, you did because you were not listening.'
Jonas: 'I couldn't get out of my room, the door was locked.'
Mom: 'Yes, it was locked because you needed a time out.'


There are probably a few more, perhaps I'll add them later!

Some photos I'm sharing with you:

Jonas at Mommy's work place seeing all of the dump trucks dump the garbage plus the loader and grapple moving the garbage. (this is probably why he thinks all Mack trucks dump garbage)

Karate moves at the playground!

Can you tell he didn't want his picture taken!

Posing with Coba!
And again!
And again!

Going for a workout!

Last bath in the townhouse - daddy got Jonas with water!

Buzz Lightyear Jonas!

1 comment:

Vanessa Gooch said...

Oh he is such a sweetheart and is growing way too fast! I love how you recorded some of his little conversations--priceless! You will be so happy you did this too--it's amazing how quickly they change and how much you forget!! He really has grown so much and we are so impressed with his talking lately too! You forgot to mention that he knows how to answer the phone too--little monkey!! :o) We can't wait to see you guys! Love that 'karate' picture of him too. Love them all, but that one especially makes me laugh!