Thursday, April 5, 2012

6 years

Cory and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary on March 30. We have now been married the same number of years that we dated before getting married! To celebrate, we went out for dinner to one of our favourite restaurants - 'The Red Ox Inn'. www.theredoxinn.com/
We have been there a handful of times and love it! The restaurant only has 12 tables so it is best to make reservations a head of time. We went all out and ordered an appetizer, main course, dessert & wine (each, no sharing done here). I started with a pea soup. Normally I don't really like pea soup but this one was divine. The server presented the bowl with fresh peas, hazelnuts, white chocolate shavings and pea shoots and then he poured the pea soup/broth in the bowl at the table. It was delicious! Cory had the Torchon - a duck foie (liver) which he really liked also. (It was a spread/pate that he ate with yummy bread). For the main course, I had the beef rib with mashed potatoes & fresh steamed veggies - delightful! Cory tried the venison which came with BACON JAM! (which apparently was so good that Cory didn't even let me try any). We did end up sharing 2 desserts - the white chocolate bread pudding & the chocolate mousse. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! We can't wait to go again!
Since I haven't yet checked anything off of my '30 at 30' list (though I have done a few things), this one can be checked off as March - date night - complete - yippee!
My Hubby & I (I like to call this our Feb. date night - this was at our friend's wedding - fun times)

No comments: