Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fabulous Five++

Once again I've neglected my blog, partially due to the fact that we, or shall I say Cory bought a new computer and has been in the process of setting it up and every time that I would use the internet, it would run so so slow. We were also in Kelowna for a week and I didn't use the computer once when I was there. Anyway, fabulous five and then some since it has been 3 weeks...

I am grateful for:

1) My new imac and iphone - Cory's splurge after working and still working many weekends! Hopefully I can get blogging more and start scrapbooking.

2) My good friend Jaclyn! She is a wonderful mom and now that I am home with Jonas, I've been able to visit with her and her kids more often. We've been to the park, to WEM (Jonas went on some rides) and to the spa (without the kids).


Jaclyn and Alexis (2 yrs. old) - at the park


Jessica (4 yrs. old) - playing in the sand


Jonas at the park..sleeping

3) My mom's group. It has been so nice to get together with the southside mamas and their babies - to socialize with adults and talk about our babies:) In these last few weeks, we've been to Fort Edmonton park and the zoo!

4) Being able to run... I joined the 5K running clinic and when I first started I thought I was going to die (after not running for months and months). Now the runs are alot easier and I've met some nice people along the way that have helped me stay motivated...thank goodness.

5) My dear sister and her family. My mom, Cory, Jonas and I visited the Gooches in Kelowna for a week and it was wonderful! I miss them so much! Zech was in awe with Jonas while Jonas didn't know what to think about Zech - give them a year and I'm sure that they will be best buddies! The weather in Kelowna was super hot - 40 above but it was nice to have a pool, the lake and AC! We had to depart on Vanessa's birthday but we did celebrate it the night before - dinner, cake and playing the Wii!


Jonas and Zech

Jonas and Zech (Jonas wondering 'who is this guy?')


Canada Day at the lake - Vanessa practicing having 2 kids, LOL!


Grandma Halwa and Jonas - proud Canadians


A big boy playing at the beach, LOL!


V and Zech at Mission Hill (going up and down the hill)


Cooling off!

6) Fresh local produce, especially local strawberries! I went to the Millwoods Farmer's Market last week and the strawberries are to die for! I love local produce!

7) My mother! Who babysat my babe so I could go to the spa for the whole afternoon! We also had a wonderful visit and went shopping!

Mom and Jonas exchanging smiles (or perhaps Jonas is eyeing up Grandmas ice-cream!)

8) Sweet Mama spa. Ok so I went all out and got a pedicure, facial and massage (thanks Brian and Sharon for the gift cert.). The ladies who gave me my treatments were wonderful and the one even gave me a reference to a Millwoods daycare:) The products that they used for my facial were divine! They smelled so good that you could eat them (well they are all organic skin care products made from fruits, vegetables and herbs so perhaps you could eat them - they even have a chocolate mask that is made of real cocoa!) Check out their website www.eminenceorganics.com

9) My two favorite people in my life - Jonas and Cory! I love them both so much!


Jonas loving his Exersaucer!


My two favorite men!

Life is wonderful:)

1 comment:

Vanessa Gooch said...

You know I always love checking out your blog and am glad that you are trying to keep up with the posts!! It's hard I know! I love your list! We had a great time with you guys and really miss you like crazy!! Hopefully next time Zech won't smother Jonas as much! :o) It is so nice that you have Jaclyn and her girls to hang out with too!