Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Alive!

It's been 2.5 months since I've updated this thing - where have I been, at work! I think we've all adjusted rather well to me going back to work and Jonas going to daycare. At first it was hard, especially when Jonas would cry every time I left him at the daycare. Now sometimes I cry (inside) cause Jonas sometimes doesn't want to come home from daycare! At least I know that he feels comfortable there! Anyway, lots has been going on in the last couple of months. Spring is here, yippee! At 14 months Jonas can do many things and likes certain things such as:
- He can walk, or shall I say run (every since his bday)
- His eye teeth have finally broken through (after a good month of movement), so now he has 14 teeth!
- He says a variety of words (mommy, no, daddy, banana ('nana'), apple...to name a few)
- Lately he has been showing off his bellybutton
- He loves his new wagon and he is happy just to sit in it
- He has his first girlfriend - Ava from daycare. They even hugged and kissed each other!
- He loves puppy dogs, real or stuffed
- He loves playing with my pots and pans
- He has been sleeping through the night on the most part (8 pm-6 am)
- Favorite foods: muffins, bananas, apples, cottage cheese & bread
- Clothing size: Still some 9-12 month, but mostly 12-18 month (though his pants fall down)

I'm sure there is alot more but that is all I can think of right now...I'll end with a few photos!

Jonas' 1 year photo ( I love this red couch). This photo was taken by my friend Leanne.

Family photo!

My attempt at Jonas' 1 year photo (I think this was the only photo he was sitting still in)

1st haircut at Beaners! Cool chair!

Mad at mommy cause I wouldn't let him play with the camera and I kept taking pictures of him!

One of Jonas' favorite things - reading!

2 comments:

eLaine said...

Hi Melanie and Cory,
Glad you are feeling adjusted to your new routine. We want our children to become independent, but aren't quite ready for it to happen so soon. (I understand your crying inside.) It is fun to read about all of Jonas' milestones. I can barely remember anything from when my own children were so young. I'm even amazed when I look at old photos of Madison to see how much she has changed. Thanks for posting the great pics. I forgot to tell you: when I was in Edmonton April 6th - 9th for appointments I saw your red couch at the Winners on Gateway. Hope to see you when I'm in Edmonton in May.
Love,
Auntie Elaine

Vanessa Gooch said...

Yay another post! I love your family pictures and your little man in his red chair! Keep posting, especially now that you are back at work and we don't get to see eachother as much! :o)