Yes, Emmett is a thumb-sucker and I'm really torn as to what to do about it? It is so nice that he can self-sooth but then I can't take away his thumb! And then who knows how long will he suck his thumb for - it could be years? Then there is the concern of how it will affect his teeth! I've tried to force the soother, and he will suck on it for a few minutes before popping it out.
Oh, the dilemmas of parenting.
Here's a few pictures I'm sharing with you of my thumb-sucking baby!

Sleeping and losing the thumb!

Enjoying his thumb and almost asleep.

It is like he his laughing at me & thinking 'Look at me mommy, I'm sucking my thumb & what are you going to do about it?'
1 comment:
Hee, hee! So cute! Let him such it so you can get a few more cute pictures!! ;o) Gigi was a thumb sucker at first too, but I kept forcing the soother and now she is a soother junkie! Well you can always buy mittens for when you want him to stop sucking his thumb--lol!
Post a Comment