Sunday, September 21, 2008

Goodbye Summer - Hello FALL!

I just realized that FALL officially starts tomorrow-crazy! And again I am wondering where the time has gone. Last week was wonderful weather wise but I was sick (either food poisoning or the 24 hr. flu) so that kinda put a damper on a couple of the days. And then I realized that if I didn't extend my mat. leave from 8 months to the full year, I would be going back to work in a week - wow, I would not be used to that!

Anyway, so many wonderful things have happened this past months - well mainly to or about Jonas, may I reflect...

1) Jonas finally loves to eat something! I started feeding him pieces of food rather than 'mush' and he loves it. He especially loves cucumbers and mangos. And he loves to drink water from a cup.
Yummy FOOD!

2) Jonas and I spent the day with Aunty Karen at Body Worlds! All I can say is unbelievable - go check it out - I think it runs until the 13th of Oct. at the Telus World of Science. Jonas was well behaved and actually fell asleep while we were there.

3) The Lee family (yep, Cory had the day off) went to the farm and Jonas fell in love with the puppies and the dogs. We also had a wonderful visit with the Kvarnbergs and Aunty B and Uncle Norm.
I love PUPPIES!
Playing at grandma Halwa's

4) Jonas loves to ride in the shopping cart like a big boy. The one day I took him shopping he sat in the cart, looked at everyone, everything and used his outside voice to show is excitement :)

'Mom, no pictures please!'

5) We had a family photo session done by my friend's boyfriend and he took some amazing photos! Thank-you Jason! (though Jonas was tired he still did so well for the photos). I'll post some later...

6) Jonas and I are taking a few activities together - we are in strollerobics, sing, sign, laugh and learn session and tomorrow we start swimming. Jonas also comes running with me - last week we went for a 9K run in the river valley (a trail with few hills so pushing him isn't that hard)!
All ready for a run!

7) Jonas turned 7 months this month and once again we did our Walmart photos and his weigh in. He weighs
17 lbs. 14 3/4 ounces and is 27 inches long. Lately he has been a bit fussy at night due to his teeth but overall he is a happy baby (as I am listening to him cry his head off - nap time in his crib). Also, mom wanted me to take a 'hat' photo to match the one Vanessa did of Zech. Zech was in a red cap with two fingers in his mouth and so I took pictures of Jonas in a blue cap with his feet in his mouth - LOL!

I love my feet!

Jonas then started posing- I'm not sure what he was doing with his hands but my he looks so cute!

Jonas in his new coat from Grandma Lee

8) Once again we had a wonderful visit with my grandparents, though it is hard especially now since my grandma has really started to fail this past year. This visit, my grandma was so impressed by Jonas' jeans and like always she told me that Jonas will have big feet when he grows up (size 9)! Grandpa enjoys seeing Jonas too - he likes to pat Jonas' head and imitates Jonas' 'words'.

9) Aunty Vanessa came for a visit. Vanessa was in Edmonton for an interview so she stayed with us for a couple of nights - it was so nice to see her! Jonas started a new laugh while V was in town (he would suck in air as he was laughing - too funny).
Jonas and Aunty Vanessa who is all dressed up for her interview (she looks so beautiful and smart)!

10) Jonas had playtime with many babies from the mom's group. It is so funny to watch babies interact - a few times Jonas had toy wars with a couple of the babies.

11) Lee family day at WEM waterpark was so much fun! Cory took a day off so we went to the waterpark. It was nice because the place was not crowded and both Cory and I were able to go on a couple slides while the other watched Jonas. We spent a good couple hours there and by the end I think we were all so tired!
Playing in the kiddy pool

12) Last night Cory and I were discussing some of the things Jonas does that makes our hearts melt, here is our list:
- When Cory gets home from work Jonas gets really excited, kicks his legs, flails his arms and gets all giddy - it is so cute
- Now when he eats, he opens his mouth like a little birdie and then he attacks the food and grabs the fork
- At the moment we co-sleep and when Jonas is hungry at night he gravitates towards me with his arms a flailing to find me
- Jonas loves bath-time and sitting in his bath ring but he especially loves the one shiny screw in his bath ring and tries to suck on it (though it is hard for him to reach but he tries)
- When he gets upset and wants his mom, his 'mmmm' sounds come out and he says 'mamamamama'

Excited to see daddy home from work:0)

Discovering his tongue!

1 comment:

Vanessa Gooch said...

I can't believe I never commented yet!! Oh well you understand my crazy life! :o) You also need to update it too!! ;o)

I love your pictures and your lists! Jonas is such a precious addition to the family! I had a lot of fun playing and cuddling with him all to myself when I was up for the interview. You see how hard it is now with Mr. Zech around! Ha! :o)