Saturday, October 11, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Once again I find myself struggling with this blog of mine but I'm back. Being that it is Thanksgiving I thought it would be appropriate to list a few of many things that I am greatly thankful for.

1) Good health for myself and my family! I have continued to keep up with my running and strollerobics, and I have been feeling great (though I do struggle mentally to get motivated). I did participate in the 5K run for the Cure and I was amazed as to how many people came out for this run/walk - but then again cancer does affect everyone :(

2) A Warm Home! At a time of economic slow-down, I am grateful that we have our little townhouse and a new furnace!

3) A Wonderful Family! My little baby is 8 months old already - I can't believe it. Cory and Jonas are my life and I love them both so very much!

4) Good Times with Family! Cory babysat so I could go to Sheryl Crow with the Lee ladies and to CATS with my mom! Both outings were a lot of fun!

5) My Sister and her Family! They are backed in Edmonton for awhile so I am so happy to have them so close again! And Zech calls me Aunty and Cory Uncle so that melts my heart!

6) My Mom! Enough said...

7) Yummy Turkey Dinner! Thanks to my mother in law - she always makes such wonderful meals! ;) Jonas loved the turkey dinner too!

It was a wonderful long weekend especially since Cory was home for 4 days! As the weekend comes to an end I am sadden by the fact that it would have been my dad's 65th birthday on Oct. 14th - may he rest in peace!

Now I leave you with a few pictures of my boy...

Enjoying eating leaves!

8 months old and boy what a face;)

All smiles!

2 comments:

eLaine said...

I, too, have been thinking of your Dad at this time of his birthdate and am deeply saddened also. I grieve for my dear sister Alice who lost her best friend all too soon. We all expect parents to leave this earth before we do, but not so early as your Dad did. I'm sure that you and Vanessa would have loved to share your joys of marriage and parenting with your Dad. I'm sure there's not a day that goes by that Vincen wouldn't like to consult and chat with your Dad.
Thanks once again for posting beautiful pictures of Jonas. I hope you will find some comfort in a certain look or mannerism in Jonas that reminds you of your Dad.

Vanessa Gooch said...

So much to be grateful for!! Love your list and I too have been thinking about Dad a lot! He would have loved to see his little grandsons! Love the pictures! What a cutie!! I need to take more pictures and I finally got my camera back out today--so look out! :o) Love Ya!