Wednesday, March 17, 2010

JONAS - 2 years, 1 month (25M)

So again I'm late on my 'Jonas' update but I figure I better put something down before I forget and before he is another month older.

• Ht: just over 33 inches (but we didn't measure him this month)
• Wt: 25 lbs. (still assuming he is the same)
• Clothing: mostly size 24 months, shoes; size 5 & 6 (same)
• Size 4 pampers/2T pull-ups
• Favorite Movie: Has been getting into watching longer movies! Really like Cars and UP. Still loves these movies!
• Favorite Book: All he wants to read is Picture Dictionary book (same)
• Favorite toys: Anything to do with the movie 'Cars'. He loves Mater, Sally, McQueen, and Doc. cars and he likes to drive them on his road rug and on his airport. He likes batman and loves to wear his batman PJs. He still loves all of his trucks.
• Favorite Food: Still loves his noodles (or mac & cheese) which he requests for breakfast too! Loves bananas, apples, cereal, muffins, cucumbers and carrots.

• Other:
o We finally moved Jonas to his 'big boy' room (no more office stuff in his room either)
o Has been sleeping in the big bed (though mom and dad have to snuggle with him until he falls asleep) and likes to sleep on his McQueen pillow. He wakes up at least 1-2 times per night (still working on that).
o Everyday Jonas surprises us with new words - it is amazing to hear all of the words that he knows.
o He finally decided to say 'I love you' back to Cory and I when we say it to him first! (He used to reply to us by saying 'yep')
o He likes to sing 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' and 'ABC' song but only when he thinks we aren't listening.

• Highlights of this past month (Jan/early Feb.):
o 2nd year B-day party. I think his favourite gift was the batman stickers
o Still working on the potty-training - on/off
o Moved from the 'Weebles' room to the 'Carebears' room at daycare and he loves it. Ritchie is his daycare teacher whom he adores. He used to cry every time I dropped him off at daycare, now he walks right to his room and he cries when I pick him up!

Pictures:

Jonas being goofy and hiding in the closet.


Jonas' Birthday Weekend - The Gooches stayed a couple nights before the party. The kids had lots of fun!
3 little monkeys with beards!

Jonas' Birthday Party - Batman theme!

Cake made by Grandma Lee - yummy!

More batmans!

Batman Boys!


Enjoying a delightful day at the park, the day after the party.
This is why you can't turn your back on a 2 year old! Though he did pretty good to climb up this ladder!

Having fun on the slide!


Another reason why you can't turn your back on a 2 year old - silly boy!

Caught You! Of course Jonas thought he was being pretty funny!


The joys of having an empty container. Jonas insisted that we put the lid on and then we would play peek-a-boo!


Helping mommy bake - muffins of course!

2 comments:

Vanessa Gooch said...

Awe great update Mel and I love all of the pictures! Our nephew is such a handsome little guy!! You will be so thankful that you have done these updates when you go to start scrap booking and recording--or even just to look back on. Especially now that baby #2 is coming fast! Love the one of their bubble beards in the bath! Zech had such a blast at Jonas's b-day--he still thanks Jesus for Grandma Lee's batman cake (too funny)! Love you guys!

eLaine said...

Hi Melanie,
I enjoyed your update. What a great collection of photos!! I also enjoy recalling some of the fun "stages" (peek-a-boo, for instance) that children go through as I read yours and Vanessa's blogs.