Monday, June 14, 2010

Life Changes

So much has happened since my last update (in the last month) that I don't even know where to begin...

Let's see:

1) We sold our townhouse and bought a house all in the same week! It was very stressful because the purchase of our new place was dependent on the sale of our townhouse and even though we knew that the offer on our townhouse would go through, the sale seemed out of our control. We officially took possession of our new place on May 31st. We moved the majority of our stuff to the new house on June 5th with the help of Cory's family - so a big thanks to them again (we can't thank them enough). We still have a few more things to move out of the townhouse. I don't think we realized how much stuff we did have until this move. Thank goodness that we had 3 weeks to clear the townhouse!

Our new house in Beaumont!

Our back yard which backs onto a park. We also live a few doors down from Vanessa's and John's good friends (who have 2 kids, who are 2 and a few weeks old).

2) I finished work at the EWMC at the end of May and will be off on maternity leave for 1 year. I thought most of my projects would be all done by the time I left, but this was not the case. I'm confident that my good friend and colleague will do a wonderful job to complete my work (she hasn't been bugging me for help/clarification so that is good).

3) We pulled Jonas out of daycare at the end of May. I think I was more upset about Jonas quitting daycare than he was. We have been enjoying our time together at home.

Jonas with his caregiver Ritchie on his last day of daycare.

4) Now we are waiting on our new little one to arrive. My official due date is June 20th - yikes 6 more days! We still have to do a few things before this baby come (install the carseat in the van for one)!

39 weeks pregnant!

2 comments:

eLaine said...

Hi Melanie,
I didn't realize that your due date was so close. I'll be thinking of you and hope that all goes well. How exciting to have a new home in Beaumont, and so wonderful to have a play area next to your backyard. (I envy the red door. I always thought i would like a red door. I don't know why I didn't just paint my door red!! ) I hope that you will take some time to rest and relax after your big move.
I like the new look for your blog page. Does the blogger have printed margins, or did you have to import from some other source? Love, Auntie Elaine

Vanessa Gooch said...

You have had a very busy month! Moving is always stressful and it is so nice that you guys had the help--yay for Cory's family! Wish we could have helped you out too!:o( Can't wait to see your new house and your new baby!! It won't be long now! We are sooo excited! Zech is asking constantly when we are going to see you guys and your new house and the baby--too cute

You look awesome! Love that belly--give it a rub and a kiss from Aunty V! :o) I like the new look of the blog too! Love you guys!